WarBirds© 2.01 configuration problems.
My setup is:
When I first tried WB 2.01, I had a "stuttering sound" problem. I understand several people have faced the same problem;
some other complain about display problems.
- Intel Pentium 233 MMX, 64Mo Ram
- Matrox Millenium + Diamond Monster 3D
- SoundBlaster AWE32
As my setup is a very common one, I'd like to share with you this little "check-list" that might help you getting rid of these troubles.
- Download the latest sound drivers for Win95 for your sound card.
- Download the latest video drivers for Win95 for your 2D video card.
- If you're running DirectX 5.0, go to Microsoft's DirectX Download Page
and download DirectX 5.2; this is the latest version, and people have reported better framerate with it.
- Go here to download 3Dfx's reference Direct3D driver.
Using this driver instead of the Diamond driver, plus the following step solved my sound problem.
- Add the following 3dfx configuration line to your AUTOEXEC.BAT:
Optimizing the 3dfx
Here are the full environment settings I use for my 3dfx card:
You can put these in your AUTOEXEC.BAT, or in a batch file you would execute before running WarBirds©.
Here's a 3DFX reference page to know all
about Voodoo1 / Voodoo2 environment variables.
If you still have problems, then you can either ask
iMagic Online's technical support or create a question message in the
Alt.Games.Warbirds Web-based discussion forum.
Good luck !
Back to Stof's "Virtual Flying" Page.
Copyright ©: Christophe "stof" Arribat -